Our bow ties are completely custom made for you in the length, (vertical) end height and shape that you prefer with no adjustor.
We will use a light interlining unless you request no interlining.
The advantage of an interlining is that it will give your bow tie more structure. A bow tie without an interlining will be softer. There is no right or wrong construction it is based on your personal preference.
When we make your bow tie the approximate variance for length is 1/2 of an inch and for the height 1/8 of an inch. We actually will cut exactly as you request but the fabric will tend to move from day to day and you may measure slightly differently from how we measure.
Note that there are many variations in how your bow tie can be designed and measured.
To make your bow tie we will need you to add to the notes section when you check out:
1) The shape that you want. (Butterfly or Batwing etc.)
2) Your neck size. (Your actual neck size, not your collar size)
3) The vertical height of the bow tie ends.
4) Horizontal length of the tied bowtie - normally between 4 and 5.5 inches.
The width should go past your eyes but not past your ears.
5) The length of the untied bowtie - From left to right and your collar size. Think about stretching if your test bowtie is old.
Note: We can estimate your length for you, but without your accurate length we can't be certain of a perfect length.